DnD and beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RolePlaying - Post Glassworks Caverns

4 posters

Go down

RolePlaying - Post Glassworks Caverns  Empty RolePlaying - Post Glassworks Caverns

Post  Jeremy44 Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:24 am

Events after you return from the tunnels beneath the Glassworks.

------------------
After emerging from the tunnels below the Glassworks, you alert the Sheriff of what you’d found. He and a group of guardsmen from the patrol venture into the tunnels to see what you described. Several days are spent by the Sheriff and his staff as well as others in the town checking the tunnels. Guards are posted at the end of the smugglers tunnel by the water where you found the Goblin camp.

The Sheriff asks the party to stay in Sandpoint for now so that he can follow up with questions about what exactly went on. Over the course of a few days the story of Tsuto (and the fate of his father) becomes known in Sandpoint. Some citizens are appalled by his treachery, others unsurprised. Tsuto was always known to be a troubled youth, never really fitting in or seeking to fit in with the residence of Sandpoint.

The contents of Tsuto’s journal are kept within the party and a few Sandpoint officials. The Sheriff, the Mayor, Father Zantus, and Amieko (because Tsuto told her his plan trying to recruit her before taking her prisoner). It isn’t really known how much danger Sandpoint is in from the goblins at this point. From Tsuto’s notes it seems like a much larger attack is imminent.

A few days later Shalelu shows up at the Rusty Dragon in the evening. Her demeanor is grim, her clothes torn and blood stained. She sees the characters staying at the Rusty Dragon (Ifurita and Rex). She asks if she can speak with all of you at the Sheriff’s office. She has been out scouting since hearing of the events at the Glassworks and has news.

Once the full party is assembled with the Sheriff and Father Zantus there as well (who came with Caius and Vito) she tells everyone what she’s learned.

- Naulia is indeed alive. She is leading the Thistletop goblins and a coalition of the other goblin tribes. Although she doesn’t leave Thistletop much herself, but rather has various chieftains and lieutenants carry her messages.
- They are gathering their strength in the woods around Thistletop for a strike on Sandpoint.
- They number some 300 goblins and other allies. Naulia has some mercenaries from Magnimar that she has hired as well as the goblins.
- The goblins look to have finished their preparations and be only a few days was from an attack on Sandpoint.

After Shalelu has provided the information the Mayor will say that they need to get assistance from Magnimar to fight off so many Goblins. The mayor suggests that she should go south to Magnimar as quickly as possible to return with aid before the attack.

Sheriff Hemlock will immediately start preparations for defense of Sandpoint. Calling out the guard and getting some additional volunteers to mount the best defense they can. He’ll also ask the nobles to contribute their personal guards to the defense of the city. But undoubtedly they’ll run as soon as they hear of the impending attack. Unfortunately there isn’t enough time to evacuate the entire city.

Shalelu suggests taking the heroes of Sandpoint to Thistletop to scout with her. They can be an advanced force and if possible slip past the full force of goblins into Thistletop itself. If Naulia can be killed or captured the goblin raid may fall apart. The tribes don’t like each other anyway and may fight for leadership, disintegrating their alliance.

Father Zantus asks what each of the party member think of this idea?

---------------
In game terms the party has had one week of downtime that you may do as you wish. Sandpoint has basic provisions, armor, and weapons. I’ll get the party treasure sheet out and send that as well. If you want to do anything during the downtime (crafting, spell research, RP) let me know and we’ll see what we can do.

Last edited by Jeremy44 on Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Jeremy44
Jeremy44

Back to top Go down

RolePlaying - Post Glassworks Caverns  Empty Re: RolePlaying - Post Glassworks Caverns

Post  Hoofin Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:07 pm

In response to Zantus:
"Sometimes you cut off the head of the beast, and another grows in its place. But either way, this move should buy us enough time for reinforcements to arrive from Magnimar or deal with the problem permanently. May Sarenrae guide us..."

***Things Caius will do in town during the week***
1. Procure chain shirt for increased movement in battle
2. Speak more with Zantus of findings in Tomb (where we fought 2 skeletons)
3. Ask Sherif Hemlock for "deputization" of authority so I can act on behalf of Sandpoint as "judge/jury/and executioner if Sarenrae wills it", since in the field of battle, the reach of the law is thinner and evil could compromise our main goals.
Hoofin
Hoofin
Admin

https://hoofin.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

RolePlaying - Post Glassworks Caverns  Empty Re: RolePlaying - Post Glassworks Caverns

Post  Jeremy44 Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:20 pm

Hoofin wrote:
***Things Caius will do in town during the week***
1. Procure chain shirt for increased movement in battle
- Have to see if you have enough gold, but yes that's easy to do. Can adjust your character at the start of the next session.
Hoofin wrote:
2. Speak more with Zantus of findings in Tomb (where we fought 2 skeletons)
- Anything specific? From Tsuto's journal it looks like he stole Father Tobyn's remains and gave them to Naulia. She burned them in a ritual to her goddess and her arm turned demonic as a result. Naulia's corpse was never in the tomb, because she was never dead.
Hoofin wrote:
3. Ask Sherif Hemlock for "deputization" of authority so I can act on behalf of Sandpoint as "judge/jury/and executioner if Sarenrae wills it", since in the field of battle, the reach of the law is thinner and evil could compromise our main goals.
- Sheriff Hemlock has recently appointed a deputy so he'll decline your offer. Under the law, he doesn't care about goblins. Others, like Naulia, should be brought back to Sandpoint for justice (and on to the courts in Magnimar since Sandpoint doesn't have it's own judicial system they send criminals to Magnimar). It is understandable if they resist arrest that you'll do what you must to protect yourselves and Sandpoint.

Jeremy44
Jeremy44

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoofin Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:37 pm

Jeremy44 wrote:
- Anything specific? From Tsuto's journal it looks like he stole Father Tobyn's remains and gave them to Naulia. She burned them in a ritual to her goddess and her arm turned demonic as a result. Naulia's corpse was never in the tomb, because she was never dead.

- Sheriff Hemlock has recently appointed a deputy so he'll decline your offer. Under the law, he doesn't care about goblins. Others, like Naulia, should be brought back to Sandpoint for justice (and on to the courts in Magnimar since Sandpoint doesn't have it's own judicial system they send criminals to Magnimar). It is understandable if they resist arrest that you'll do what you must to protect yourselves and Sandpoint.

1. "Why was Naulia's existence not discovered sooner? Surely, between the arcane and divine, some sort of simple divination would have revealed the ruse?"
***rolling diplomacy here to see if there is any addtional backstory that Zantus and others are not/unable to reveal about Naulia or Tobyn***

2. "It will be difficult to take Naulia alive I imagine, but I will do what I must. As for the goblins, if they are from one of the main tribes that assaulted Sandpoint, then they will be given no quarter...otherwise I have no business with them unless they are threatening the party or Sandpoint in some manner."
Hoofin
Hoofin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeremy44 Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:54 pm

Hoofin wrote:
1. "Why was Naulia's existence not discovered sooner? Surely, between the arcane and divine, some sort of simple divination would have revealed the ruse?"
***rolling diplomacy here to see if there is any addtional backstory that Zantus and others are not/unable to reveal about Naulia or Tobyn***
"There was no reason to use any magics or suspect a ruse. Father Tobyn had confined Naulia to her quarters in the church basement due to her recent indiscretion (she was pregnant and it was beginning to show). So when the church burned down and Naulia wasn't found anywhere else in the city it was assumed that she had perished too. The church burned and collapsed so the basement was never dug out and the body couldn't be recovered."

The only thing that your diplomacy check will get you (assuming your roll decently) is that it isn't known who the father of Naulia's child was. Just that Father Tobyn was appalled that she was pregnant out of wedlock and was trying to keep it quiet from the rest of the town. Although Father Zantus knew about it as did a few others.

Jeremy44
Jeremy44

Back to top Go down

RolePlaying - Post Glassworks Caverns  Empty Plans

Post  Wrex Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:09 pm

I suggest the townsfolk be evacuated to the recently cleared tunnels as the town does not have enough defenders to properly man the walls and protect all homes. The defenders can fight a withdrawing action to the final chokepoints within the tunnels where the goblin numbers are less effective. Magnimar, if possible, should be asked to bring ships to evacuate the town safely ashore while the goblins in town are dealt with. Travel via the open sea nearby should be faster than horse or foot for the large number of people involved (roughly 1200 pop.).
Wrex
Wrex

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeremy44 Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:40 pm

Not going to be able to evacuate 1200 people in less than 2 days. It would take weeks. And all of the people will not fit into the tunnels. Also in the tunnels they'd be vulnerable to collapse and smoke out. They're better off defending the walls with the soldiers they have and can get from Magnimar.

-JW
Jeremy44
Jeremy44

Back to top Go down

Post  Wrex Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:27 pm

Jeremy44 wrote:
Not going to be able to evacuate 1200 people in less than 2 days. It would take weeks. And all of the people will not fit into the tunnels. Also in the tunnels they'd be vulnerable to collapse and smoke out. They're better off defending the walls with the soldiers they have and can get from Magnimar.

-JW

So no Helm's Deep moment?!
Wrex
Wrex

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeremy44 Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:06 pm

Hoofin the Greedy wrote:

So no Helm's Deep moment?!

No, it's more like a Black Gate moment. And you're Frodo (Mike can be Sam).

-JW
Jeremy44
Jeremy44

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoofin Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:50 pm

That last one was Mike and not me !! That's Liable!!!
Hoofin
Hoofin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeremy44 Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:22 pm

Strange, the quote said it was from you're post. No problem, you can be Sam if you want Paul.

-JW
Jeremy44
Jeremy44

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoofin Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:51 pm

Quiet Smegol!
Hoofin
Hoofin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  gravime Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:28 am

This is disturbing news. I concur with my fellow elf's intuition in that it would be best to strike the leader and cause chaos and dissension among them. This may lead to internal conflict and dwindle their numbers improving our chances of success if they still intend to attack the city. This will also buy us time to strengthen our defenses.
gravime
gravime

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoofin Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:53 am

Can we vote that Ray never speaks and only IMs/Txt's his responses at our Live gaming sessions?

Like Jekyl and Hide that one.
Hoofin
Hoofin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  gravime Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:31 am

Can I take the mute penalty and get bonuses? I guess that would be impossible as a caster...
gravime
gravime

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeremy44 Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:10 am

You also need to be able to talk to order your minions around when you get higher in level. Mike and Paul won't know what to do if you can't speak.

-JW
Jeremy44
Jeremy44

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoofin Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:40 pm

I was going to say something....
...but this is true. We're all just mage puppets.
"Ray, can you cast haste on me?"
"Ray, can you cast energize on me?"
"Ray, give me a shield"
"Ray, I need moar protection"
"Ray, cast my usual buffs plz"
"help"

Seriously, Ray there will be a cocktail of buff spells that you will be doing prefights. There are "contingency" spells that will help you cast this on ppl and stuff. Just write down all your buffs in order of casting/preference (based on duration, need, etc), and b4 fights you can just tell Jer "the usual", based on how many rds he gives us to prep. I will help you go over this as we move along in levels. It will save our asses....BUT also make the fights longer Smile

hahahahah yay 3.75!
Hoofin
Hoofin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  gravime Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:31 pm

Once I am higher level, won't I just be able to control them with my absurd intelligence like permanent jedi mind tricks?
gravime
gravime

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeremy44 Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:52 pm

Yes you will Ray. Yes you will.

-JW
Jeremy44
Jeremy44

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoofin Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:11 am

We should save ourselves some time, say we won, and just play MTG
Hoofin
Hoofin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeremy44 Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:55 pm

Hoofin wrote:We should save ourselves some time, say we won, and just play MTG

Dude, I found my magic cards the other day. They're up on the shelves now in the basement. Totally forgot how many I had. So much money wasted.... Still a fun game though.

-JW
Jeremy44
Jeremy44

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down