DnD and beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Next Session 1/12/13

3 posters

Go down

Next Session 1/12/13 Empty Next Session 1/12/13

Post  Jeremy44 Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:24 pm

A couple of things for next session this saturday.

1) Next Adventure - The next section of the current adventure you're on is the last part. After that we'll get the next adventure going. Depending on how fast we go, we'll start the next adventure and probably get into it 1-2 sections. I'm starting to heavily modify the book adventure to get you into the mid levels a little faster (could be more deadly though, we'll see).

2) Downtime - You had a few days of downtime if there was anything you wanted to do there. I heard from some of you, but let me know if there is anything else you want to do. You also might want to plan out for your next stretch of downtime. You'll have a couple of weeks before the next adventure and that'll be mid session so plan out a couple of things you want to do ahead of time to save on playing time. I'd focus on low level item crafting if you have enough gold - low level items can be extremely useful in 3.5/PF (think wands, potions, scrolls) and classes with Use Magical Device can benefit from these, not just casters. Non-magic types also want to look into crafting armor/weapons. Even masterwork stuff can be an upgrade at your level.

3) Role Playing - If there is anything you want your characters to role play in downtime think about that too. You all have some interactions with various residents of Sandpoint, you can expand on that if you want. I got some reactions from you you guys for this break, but you can plan out the next break. Also you might have additional resources/jobs/friends/businesses that you'd interact with during the downtime.

4) Storyline - The story of the adventure is coming into focus more. We'll do a review at the beginning of the session but prior to that you might want to review what was posted on these forums - https://hoofin.rpg-board.net/t2-roleplaying-post-glassworks-caverns#12

5) Items - Pre-emptive strike on Paul's question. Yes there will be custom items in the next session (assuming you finish the Thistletop adventure section successfully). I decided the medallions will wait until higher levels - I want to give you guys a chance to develop in your classes first before turning you all into hedge wizards. Later in the campaign though it will be necessary for power balancing. But I want to make sure Ray has a chance to flex his muscles as the only wizard in the party first Smile Plus I want to keep you all weeeeeaaaakkk, sooooo weeeeeeeaaaakkk (as Paul would put it).

Session 1pm on Saturday and yes I'll have football on in the background for the playoffs (should keep the action interesting enough so we don't get distracted though).

-JW

Jeremy44
Jeremy44

Back to top Go down

Next Session 1/12/13 Empty Re: Next Session 1/12/13

Post  Hoofin Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:19 pm

I love how "Paul" is associated with the squeaky wheel type stuff (book items, so weeeeakkk, hahahaha), but all you losers benefit!!! Bah!
Hoofin
Hoofin
Admin

https://hoofin.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeremy44 Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:17 am

"Paul" is associated with greed Smile

After last session though, maybe he should be associated with Role Playing since he was doing so much RP. Mike was also doing a lot of RP (maybe he shouldn't use charisma as a dump stat all the time Razz ). Simon wasn't his usual boisterous self, apparently Oracles refrain from the standard "Booyah" battle cry that he favors. Ray was successful in role playing a near mute, but he's quietly gaining all the information that is crucial to the plot of the campaign by literally whispering his RP actions to me when the rest of the party is too loud to hear him. Likely you'll have a fun time prying it out of him later.... Of course by that time you'll all be his meat puppets anyway.

-JW
Jeremy44
Jeremy44

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoofin Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:22 am

My AC and HP are too low to be a successful meat puppet...but the shitty part is my pally wont say anything bc it's his "honor" to die first for his allies. sigh...LG...
Hoofin
Hoofin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeremy44 Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:50 am

Yeah the amount of healing Simon has to pour in to you is tremendous. It's a good thing you have a big burly troll with ridiculous AC, super health, and regeneration. Of course he prefers to stay behind you....

Razz

-JW
Jeremy44
Jeremy44

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoofin Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:20 pm

He got some nice armor, so maybe he will do the front line fighting..but as a pally, not sure if my RPing would allow that.

I need Ray to research an illusion spell where everyone looks like they are facing me...even when running away I would think they are facing me/fighting me. Problem solved. That or else you CG types really need to step up and when I happen to "turn my back", you guys do what you need to do.
Hoofin
Hoofin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeremy44 Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:32 pm

Hahahaha, the Pally that depends on this party to do the dirty work when his back is turned. Really having a rough time with this whole LG thing huh? Hahahahaha

It's okay, good to do something challenging. I think you guys have already taken more prisoners in this campaign than you had in your last three entire campaigns combined. And by my count it's working out pretty well for you so far. You still get the xps Smile

-JW
Jeremy44
Jeremy44

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoofin Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:41 pm

My guy always has some kind of gimped weakness. I didnt know they had CG pallies..I would rolled one!!!!

Hahah kinda fun to play LG...I'm gonna go all judge dredd soon. No one's gonna like it Smile
Hoofin
Hoofin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  gravime Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:28 am

My information is on a need-to-know basis my puppets...err I meant friends Twisted Evil
gravime
gravime

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down