DnD and beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Assault on Jorgenfist Fortress

4 posters

Go down

Assault on Jorgenfist Fortress Empty Assault on Jorgenfist Fortress

Post  Jeremy44 Wed May 15, 2013 11:29 am

Next step is the assault on Jorgenfist Fortress. You've got a couple of options:

1) Brute Force - Charge in through the armies, slaughter thousands of giants (probably), lay siege to the fortress, conquer.
2) Stealth - HAHAHAHA just kidding.
3) Paratroopers - Fly over the armies really high and then plummet down as fast as you can behind the walls and hope no one notices (could be done at night with darkness spell)
4) TK-421 - Kill a patrol, disguise as them, infiltrate the base. Pretend you're mercenaries - Ray can shape shift, Paul's a Drow, Mike's a Troll, just put some shackles on Simon and you're in.
5) Secret Tunnels - It's not like Rannick, but you could create your own tunnels under the fortress with like a million Stone Shape spells and giving Mike a shovel.
6) Watch and Observe - Do more information gathering instead of attacking. There are also more caves around on the south side....maybe they're all dragon lairs!

Talk it over, you're resting the night in the Dragon cave anyway. Come up with a plan Smile

-JW
Jeremy44
Jeremy44

Back to top Go down

Assault on Jorgenfist Fortress Empty Re: Assault on Jorgenfist Fortress

Post  VitoOracle Wed May 15, 2013 12:14 pm

Just to echo Mike's assessment over e-mail, I think 6>5>3 would be a good plan.
VitoOracle
VitoOracle

Back to top Go down

Post  gravime Wed May 15, 2013 9:23 pm

I vote for secret tunnels...that's how they did it in Conan!
gravime
gravime

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeremy44 Thu May 16, 2013 8:56 am

Okay there aren't any actual Secret Tunnels. I was suggesting that you create you're own secret tunnels by Ifurita and Vito using magic and Wrex using a shovel. Caius is a drow and they usually just have their slaves create their tunnels for them.

-JW
Jeremy44
Jeremy44

Back to top Go down

Post  gravime Thu May 16, 2013 9:30 pm

I think we were referring to those 2 tunnels along the river...at least I was Smile
gravime
gravime

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoofin Fri May 17, 2013 3:55 pm

HAHAAH did anyone get the TK421 easter egg? lol. Nice one Jeremy.

My vote is Direct brute force since its the most fun, or paratrooper in.

Also, I'm assuming I'm all atoned up right Jer? Stoopid LG. So dumb. "Good is dumb"
Hoofin
Hoofin
Admin

https://hoofin.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  gravime Sat May 18, 2013 11:32 am

I'm all for more fighting...I just wanted to find out what was in the tunnels! Are we going for a virtual session or live session next? Would someone please set up the June calendar? Thanks!
gravime
gravime

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeremy44 Sun May 19, 2013 10:27 am

Yes Paul you're all atoned up and square with your deity for your act of wanton slaughter. I'm surprised you're the only one that got the reference Smile

Net weekend freed up for me so we could still get a live session in for May if others are around. Otherwise maybe a virtual instead.

There are the two other caves to explore and you can do that next session and then decide how to tackle jorgenfist fortress, I was just trying to get the ball rolling on the assault strategy since it takes so long for you guys to plan Razz

Based on your last encounter I am going through all the stuff I've prepped from the book to make sure it is appropriate to your new power level. Really just a question of how many n's I need, working on it though.

-JW
Jeremy44
Jeremy44

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down