DnD and beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Attacking fort

5 posters

Go down

Attacking fort Empty Attacking fort

Post  Wrex Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:22 pm

Jeremy provided us a map that Vale drew for us showing a secret tunnel entrance. I would like to explore options of ambushing one of the enemy patrols. The debate for me is if we should split the party up from the NPCs so they distract the enemy at the front while we go in via the secret entrance or stay together in one large party.
Wrex
Wrex

Back to top Go down

Attacking fort Empty Re: Attacking fort

Post  Hoofin Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:33 pm

I dont recall getting this map. Was this a side quest thing Mike?

My vote is keep primary group together, and let the side npcs work as a group. Synergy is already there vs messing w/ what we have. Would work RPwise as well. What other strats should we consider?
Hoofin
Hoofin
Admin

https://hoofin.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoofin Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:37 pm

One large group could work, but I feel like it could bog down gameplay, even though we are faster now. Plus dont forget about 2n+1.

Downside is 2n+1 may already be there, and we may be gimping oursleves by sending off NPCs. Hard to make the call w/o having all the "puzzle pieces"...by that I mean we haven't done side RP yet, dont know how our characters will be different by then, dont know how you guys are levelling up to 7, and dont know of any secret RP stuff. Based on what I've seen/been told so far, 2 groups is still the way to go.

Time wise playing 2 encounters (NPCs and Main) could still take as much time as 1 big group, but psychologically its less taxing I think handling as 2 smaller units.
Hoofin
Hoofin
Admin

https://hoofin.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  gravime Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:20 pm

If the NPCs fight on their own and we take the secret entrance...will we actually do the NPC fight or just handle our guys inside the fort? Are there any other soldiers who can make a diversion if the NPCs go with us through the secret entrance? How likely are we able to sneak into the secret entrance undetected with a large party? We could also consider flying into the fort using Mike's cloak, Paul's darkness, and I could learn invisibility (while carrying Si over) where the fewest guards would be located based on the intel we have. Maybe the waterfall would provide mist vapor and sound cover if it is close enough to the fort's walls?
gravime
gravime

Back to top Go down

Post  VitoOracle Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:19 am

Even if we can't get reinforcements from Magnimar in time, is there any help we can recruit in town?

Also, I have fog cloud and obscuring mist, if we need to provide for some concealment.
VitoOracle
VitoOracle

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeremy44 Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:41 am

I will be sending out more info about the fort so you can plan your assault. You'll have options for one group or two and how you want to mix the groups.

The folks from Turtleback ferry will help you hold the fort if you capture it but they will not participate in the attack - they feel it's a lost cause until Magnimar sends soldiers. The "military" of Turtleback ferry is 20-30 guardsman that patrol the town and about an equal number of militia (and of course many of them have Sihedron tattoos.....).

-JW
Jeremy44
Jeremy44

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum