DnD and beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nualia's Journal

3 posters

Go down

Nualia's Journal Empty Nualia's Journal

Post  Jeremy44 Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:59 am

Here's the text if you want to re-read it.

---------------

Erastus 18, 4698
Father Tobyn said since my 15th birthday is coming up I could end my studies early today. I went outside and there were some boys from the academy, they called me a freak and laughed at me. I ran away, but tripped and skinned my knee have a huge bruise, it bled some too. I was crying so Father Tobyn comforted me and told me no one else is as gifted or beautiful as I am and that my silver hair and violet eyes are a blessing from the goddess Desna.

Erasus 22, 4698
Father Zantus and Caius were out in the yard of the church today practicing fighting. Caius moves lightly on his feet and Father Zantus endlessly retreating as the sticks they use as weapons clash - clack, clack, clack. It looked like fun so after they left I snuck out to try myself. I don’t know why Father Tobyn won’t let me practice with Caius, I’d love to learn how to fight like he does. Father says he’s dangerous just because he’s a dark elf.

Kuthona 1, 4698
Master Gandethus gave us an impossible amount of work today and I was trying to finish up when I noticed Amylee and the other girls snickering and pointing at me again. I did what teacher said and tried to ignore them, but they wouldn’t stop. I excused myself from my studies and hid in the bathroom for a little while, but the girls moved a piece of furniture in front of the doorway. I was locked in there all afternoon and half the night. Mr. Stoot finally heard me yelling and came by and let me out; he was carving some pretty wood birds for the stairs of the school.

Desnus 1, 4699
A farmer stopped Caius in the street and spit on him. Yelling at the dark elf about his blighted crops saying that he and his evil kind were responsible. Caius looked sad and just stared at him for a moment. Then faster than the farmer could react he threw a backhand across his face. The man was so startled he fell back in the mud. Caius looked down at him and said, “The Gods watch all of us. They see the evil in your soul. As I do. Sarenrae is my redemption. What will be yours?” He kept staring down at the farmer until the man crawled away. There was a crowd of folks that saw what happened, I don’t think people will bother Caius anymore.

Sarenith 20, 4699
Another incident at school, but Father Tobyn came by my room to comfort me. He has started coming by my chambers more often. He said it’s important to pray at night more now that I’m of age. He said I shouldn’t write of it in my journal though and night prayers are just between us and Desna.

Neth 10, 4699
I was walking home from the academy today, I took a shortcut past Cracktooth’s tavern and a bunch of boys from school were following me. The boys at school are always staring at me. They were saying disgusting things and hollering at me, it was Banny Harker I think. I started running and dropped my work. Father Tobyn wanted to know why I was crying, I told him I just wanted to be alone, but he insisted on comforting me.

Kuthona 1, 4699
I didn’t want to go home tonight. I knew Father Tobyn was waiting for me for our nightly prayers, so I walked around town trying to keep out of sight. In an alley off Tower street I felt a draft come up from a small crack in the ground. I thought I heard a voice whispering with it but when I stopped I couldn’t hear it again. Thinking about Father Tobyn is making me very angry. I don’t like his visits at night. I don’t think it’s right. I will pray to Desna for guidance.

Pharast 24, 4700
The traders always gawk at me in the market, its not my fault I’m different. I wasn’t wearing my hat today, while I was picking up some things for dinner some old woman snipped off my braid with scissors. She told me that “your silver hair will bring me luck” as she walked off. I didn’t know what to say, but now I have a bald patch. Amylee and her little friends are going to be delighted by my misfortune. Father told me not to go out so much, that I should spend more time praying.

Gozran 1, 4700
A massive Rock Troll came through Sandpoint today. The sheriff met him at the gate and many of the townsfolk thought there would be trouble, but he was just passing through to trade with Magnimar. He towered over the people in the streets and bristled with weapons and armor. Ameiko had to find a special room for him at her inn. It’s good to know there are stranger people in the world than me. I’m not sure why I attract so much attention. I wish I was strong enough to get people to accept me, like Caius or the Rock Troll.

Gozran 15, 4700
I was walking down Cliff street minding my own and about a dozen of the farmers in for the harvest started crowding around me. I just wanted to go. They started telling me to cure them of their rashes and boils, they smelled terribly. I tried to be nice, but when I said I couldn’t one of them pulled my hair and started yelling in my face to cure his warts. They wanted to know when they should plant their potatoes. One of them told me I was the “blessed of Desna” and that my voice could drive away the voices he was hearing and he was haunted by evil spirits. I screamed at them and I finally pulled away, but one of them ripped my dress. They chased me all the way to the church. I locked myself in and they were pounding on the door. Why can they do this to me? I need to become stronger so that they will leave me alone. I want to make them leave me alone. I want to make Father Tobyn leave me alone.

Erastus 1, 4700
Father told me today that I would be sent to the Windsong Abbey next year on my 18th birthday, he didn’t even ask me. I don’t want to be a nun, I love Desna, but that’s not what I want. He’s not letting me go out until I do perfect on the verses, catechisms, and scriptures. I’m going to spend the whole summer locked up in this church.

Kuthona 1, 4700
I found myself down by the alley off Tower street again. I hadn’t been down there in a while, but I could hear the whisper this time. It told me what I already knew, I’m being treated wrong. The people of Sandpoint won’t accept me. They’ll keep hurting me unless I become strong enough to stop them. Unless I make them pay when they hurt me it will continue. I spent a long time hiding in the alley listening to the voice, I didn’t want to go back to the church at night.

Calistil 3, 4701
I can’t seem to focus on my studies. I’ve been visiting the alley in Tower street more and I can hear the whispers clearly now. Father Tobyn has told me I must be home by dark every night and I’m to spend all my free time at the church praying. I don’t want to though.

Calistil 20, 4701
I got into a fight at school. One of the other girls sneered at me when I answered a question wrong so I hit her. It felt good. She deserved it and worse for all the times she’s insulted me. Father made me pray all evening and won’t let me go out to the Tower street alley at night. He came to pray with me tonight but I locked the door.

Calistil 29, 4701
Father had another key made for my room door. I tried to keep him out of my room last night, but I wasn’t strong enough. He’s been meeting me at school and taking me directly home after. I can’t get to Tower street at all anymore. But I know what the whispers would tell me. I need to become stronger to fight him. I hate him.

Gozran 21, 4701
I can’t seem to get enough to eat at meals and Father is concerned. He took me out of school early this year before summer. I’m not to leave the church at all. Father doesn’t even want me to leave my chambers. He’s gotten me new robes with the holy symbol of Desna on them. He said I’m to wear them at all times, even around the church.

Desnus 2, 4701
I’m pregnant. Father knew before I did, but I recognize it now. I can feel the life growing in me. Father is very worried though, he says I must pray to Desna all the time for forgiveness. He’s bringing meals to my room now and wants me to avoid Father Zantus and Caius around the church.

Erastus 22, 4701
Father Tobyn said that I won’t be sent to Windsong Abbey after all. He said he needs to oversee my prayers to Desna personally. I’ve tried praying to her, I stayed at the altar for days and she doesn’t answer me. Desna doesn’t care about me, she thinks I’m weak. I’m so angry with Desna for abandoning me.

Rova 2, 4701
I finally snuck out of church tonight, I just had to get out. It was dark and I saw Mr. Stoot, he had dropped a few of his carved birds and they had shattered. I helped him pick them up, he seemed startled when he looked at me. He said, “You hear the whispers too don’t you? Ah of course you do. No injustice should be done to you. They should pay for mistreating one so beautiful.” He darted off before I could reply to him. I stayed at the Alley for a few hours. I didn’t want to go home to the church but I couldn’t risk Father noticing that I was out.

Neth 17, 4701
They killed Mr. Stoot. They said he was the Chopper. They said he killed Mrs. Deverin’s fiancee and cut off her arm. That he killed the Sheriff and four of his men before they Belor Hemlock killed him. I can see his house burning from the top window of the church. Mr. Stoot would never have hurt anyone, how can they do that to him, he was always so nice to me. I keep having these dreams, I don’t feel well at all, the baby knows I am upset and is uneasy.

Neth 20, 4701
Even my robe of Desna doesn’t cover my belly anymore and Father Zantus saw me when I left my room to get dinner. Father Tobyn quickly sent me back to my chambers and he argued with Father Zantus. I could hear them yelling for hours. All of the yelling seems to be upsetting the baby even more. Father Zantus finally left the church all together, I heard the massive door at the front slam closed.
I can hear the whispers now and feel the chilled draft just like I am in the alley on Tower street. I feel so angry at Father, at Desna, at myself. I should be strong enough to make them all leave me alone.

Neth 21, 4701
I will kill him. He must die. Desna can die too for letting him. The whole town can burn for what they’ve done to me.
While I slept Tobyn came into my room and cast a spell on me. I couldn’t move, I couldn’t scream, I could only watch as he sliced open my belly and took my baby. He told me he was sorry but there was no other way. He healed me with his magic but the scars on my belly are still there. My baby is dead. Tobyn must die.
He bound me with magic again and locked me in my room. He was talking to me the whole time, but I couldn’t hear him. I only hear the whispers now. They have been right all along. Father has always taken care of me though. But he made me to pray with him at night. He gave me a home. But he forced himself on me and gave me a child.
And now he’s taken my child. He will die. Why didn’t Desna stop him? Why didn’t the others in town stop him? Why did they all mistreat me?
The whispers were right. I must kill him. I should kill them all. He should burn in the nine hells.
I feel nothing but rage now. The whispers were right.

Burn.
Jeremy44
Jeremy44

Back to top Go down

Nualia's Journal Empty Re: Nualia's Journal

Post  Wrex Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:30 pm

Aging that journal and the format you presented was very cool. I have a recent episode from The Big Bang Theory of them playing D&D you guys will really like.
Wrex
Wrex

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeremy44 Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:37 pm

Yeah the tea needs to be really strong, like many packets. It also needed to be crushed down as much as possible to get it in to the water (with the water kept very hot). Once it cooled down it didn't work as well.

Once it was soaked though I just dried it off with a hairdryer so it didn't take long to do. I was worried it would be too frail though so I doubled the paper - probably not necessary if I had a thicker paper stock to work with.

Ended up pretty good. Not sure I'll do props and elaborate maps all the time, but for some things it worked well.

-JW
Jeremy44
Jeremy44

Back to top Go down

Post  VitoOracle Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:41 am

I just wanted to comment that the D&D episode of Community was fantastic.
VitoOracle
VitoOracle

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum